The Zettelkasten Principles
Things to remember when writing notes with the Zettelkasten method (shamelessly taken from here):
- Atomicity: each note should contain one idea and one idea only.
- Autonomy: each note should be self-contained and comprehensivle on its own.
- Always link: “each note is just an element that derives its quality from the network of links in the system. A note that is not connected to the network will be lostm will be forgotten by the Zettelkasten.”
- Explain why you’re linking notes
- Use your own words
- Keep references
- Add your own thughts
- Don’t worry about structure: “there are no privileged positions.”
- Add connection notes
- Add outline notes
- Never Delete
- Add notes without fear
Another good ressources can be found here.