Dates to Test in your Program
In programming there are several “problematic” dates. They are problematic mainly because people forget to test for them.
- 1970-01-01: start of time (Unix time)
- 2025: (Only in Japan) Showa 100 on older system
- 2036-02-07 06:28:16 UTC: Network Time Protocol roll over (integer overflow)
- 2038-01-19: Unix time roll over
- 2038-11-20 or 21: GPS week number rollover
- 2106-02-07 06:28:15: Roll over of date saved with
time_tin hexadecimal format
Testing for bundary value (a bit before and a bit after) is also a must. Specially for people not on UTC timezone.